I made one! I made the Anthropologie wreath!
The hardest part was trying to figure out how large to make the pom poms. I used a thick wool yarn I got on sale. For each pom pom, I wound the yarn 50 times around a 2 1/2 inch wide piece of cardboard while watching my DVR'd shows on TV.
I had this liner from old draperies to cover a foam wreath.
I cut 2 inch pieces on the diagonal to make them like bias tape. That allowed them to stretch as I wound them around the form. I adhered them with the hot glue gun.
I started gluing pom poms on the top of the wreath and then filled in with the inner and outer pom pom layers.
It's so pretty! I'm in love with it!
|the one on the right is from Anthropologie|
Linking with Jennifer Rizzo's Pom Pom Party