1. Last evening Dan and I met with Ashleigh for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. I was not only happy to be with them, but also to have ordered the salmon with vegetables for my meal. I held off on the brown bread...until after I finished my meal. (Then I gobbled up what was left and had chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake on top of that!) Sometimes I can forego the cheesecake there; sometimes I cannot.
|chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake|
2. After dinner, Dan went home and Ashleigh and I walked around the mall. The mall has recently been remodeled with a gorgeous food court (where the Sees Candy Store is that I wrote about here) and is so beautiful now! Ashleigh bought a little mint green wallet at the Coach store. I learned that she is crazy about that color. There was a sweet purse in the same color that she loved but didn't want to pay for it. Hmm her birthday is February 13th.
3. I stopped at Tiffany & Co to pick up my tag choker. I had them add an inch of links because it was literally choking me. lol. It was all polished up like it was brand new!
4. Then Ashleigh and I stopped at Anthropologie. We have such fun there! I found more items she likes (I took notes for her birthday) and I treated myself to a couple things. I saw this green perfume bottle that dazzled me. Green is my favorite color and the bottle was so neat I decided to see what was in it. I don't like wearing perfume but I tried it anyway. I was amazed that it smelled like "True Love", a lotion by Elizabeth Arden I wore when the kids were little. I cried when it was discontinued because it smelled so fresh and I got compliments on it all the time. I tried to find something comparable for awhile but gave up on it. I was so excited to find this perfume. Isn't it neat when we find things when we least expect it?
|This is the beautiful box it was packaged in. It had hat pins in it!|
I also treated myself to this jewelry tree with a P on it. I had been drooling over it the other times Ashleigh and I shopped there and decided it was time to take it off their hands (or shelves, I should say).
5. We have made our clinic situation at work more comfortable. We had been standing at a window all day long waiting to greet students and I suggested having adjustable stools that are counter height. So our wonderful administration is purchasing chairs for us.
6. I am thinking about the baby shower we will be having for my DIL in a couple weeks. We will be having out of town company who have never been to my home. I have posts already planned to show you but I have to hold off until the shower so I don't give away all the surprises (and there's one for you too, my blogger friends)!
I am glad Ricki is continuing with this linky party because it reminds me to take a few moments to reflect on how happy I truly am.
To see more happy posts, click here.